Diverse topics of cutting-edge research and innovation in biomedical engineering, healthcare technology R&D, translational clinical research, technology transfer and entrepreneurship, and biomedical engineering education. The conference program featured mini symposia, workshops, invited sessions, oral and poster sessions, sessions for students and young professions, sessions for clinicians and entrepreneurs, and exhibits from vendors and universities.
What were the deciding factors that led to BCCK being chosen as the venue for the aforementioned event?
• Competitive pricing, good ambience, excellent facility, ease of access and above all friendly faces.
What is the most rewarding experience/aspect of the event?
• Knowing that the conference is hosted by a very experienced team.
How had BCCK helped your organisation in organising the event?
• BCCK understood every need of a conference organizer. The team at BCCK was also very proactive and provided a lot of solutions during the operations of the conference.
How is BCCK different from other venues?
• There was a sense of pride /belonging which was noticeable in all staff. Everyone knew their part and did it to the best of their ability. I’ve not seen this in my past experience.
Was there a particular incident/service which impressed your committee and yourself?
• Julia and Tracy ensured that the event went on smoothly during the 3 days we were there. It’s as if they read my mind on the things which we required (and how it ought to be done) and they got it done for us. Rom also went out of his way to ensure we had a presentable schedule – nicely printed on an A0. Naturally, these 3 individuals could not have accomplished much had it not been for the team spirit and sense of belonging clearly seen amongst the staff at BCCK.
If you could describe your event organising experience with BCCK in 5 words, what would they be?
• Borneo Way. Enjoyable. Highly Recommendable.